I had woken around 2 am feeling restless. I couldn’t go back to sleep, I had all these thoughts of M running through my head. To my distract myself I decided to read an eBook that I found on FB. I couldn’t make it through 3 chapters!
I was so horrified!
My jaw was opened the whole time I was reading it!!!!
I love Alpha Males, and the idea of loving protecting a heroine, but this eBook put me off Alpha Males! For how long? I don’t know! I’m still traumatized!
Maybe it’s just me, being a puritan asshole but the whole time I was reading it I was mumbling “fuck you! Fuck you! No! Fuck you!!” To the Alpha Male
It had been the trailer that lured me to the book
I mean, its sexy as hell! However, it was Playing For Love that I was reading. Same trailers
David Taylor is the most possessive, dominant man I have ever met. Technically he’s my stalker. He is bossy, needy, nasty and devastatingly sweet. He’s everything I need him to be. And I’m completely in love with him.
Austin James is mine.
Mine to take care of.
Mine to protect.
Mine to spoil.
The first time I saw her, I knew she was MINE.
I saw a reflection of myself in her.
Broken. Damaged. Guarded.
I can’t explain the depths of my feelings or why it happened so fast. I just know she is mine and I’ll do anything to keep her.
What had my panties twisted in a knot?
- Both were abused, so it was ok for David to take on abusive behavior and call it love. (that is disgusting! Abused or not! disgusting!)
- it was ok for him to stalk her.
- It was ok for him to insist on her marrying him 3 days after meeting him, because that’s love.
- she isn’t allowed to look at other guys, guys aren’t allowed to look at her because his Alpha Male prowess would get all prissy and demand violence!
- she couldn’t be allowed to be independent of him.
- he deals with his insecurities with violence.
I had to stop reading.
How can any woman find a fictional character romantic, sexy or heroic when they are abusive assholes? That is not Alpha Male. That is just asshole!
I dont understand how publishing companies can keep promoting abusive non-consensual writing and call it alpha male heroes in loving relationships erotica.
But that’s just my opinion.
hate the opinion.