How I should have known my day would go?
- A guy couldn’t wait until I was clear of his truck before speeding off. The light was red!
- My tea bag exploded in my water. But I forced myself to drink it anyway. Hm yum ginger and turmeric!😩
- Someone locked the bathroom in the change room. So I couldn’t brush the taste of tea away. I had to start work. Just when I thought my day couldn’t get any better I had to be in First over lunch. I think this was pay back for not working yesterday! I had to change every order because the order taker refused to listen!
A customer gave me six loyalty coffee cards for 1 coffee. All are sticker free. I looked at him “what do you want me to do with these?” I asked.
“They are for my coffee” he explained like I was the dimwit.
“Uh no. Your coffee is $2.50. These have no stickers. You can’t use them”
He scowled “what stickers?” He demanded “I gave you six cards”
Oh come on! We had the coffee loyalty cards for over six years now! “Sir, there are stickers on the coffee. You put one on the card everytime you buy a coffee”
“I’ve been buying coffees for a long time I have never seen a sticker! So you are saying I have to buy 6 coffees!”
I wanted to throw myself out the window and get run over by a truck. It would be more pleasant than this!
He wanted to see a manager who also explained what I just said. He got the coffee for free anyway. 😡
The next customer gave me two coffee cards and wondered how come the order taker told her a different price. I stared at her “maybe because you never told her you had coffee cards!” I explained slowly.
The one order was so messed up I had to cancel it and start all over.
What he wanted:
- 3 mcdoubles. 1 of them plain
- 2jr chickens
- 2 fries
- 1 coke
What he got:
- 3 mcdoubles. 1 plain. 2 no onions and pickle
- 2 Jr chicken PATTIES
- 1 fry
- 2 cokes
This was me over lunch “just say yes! Yes! Oh my god! Yes!” And “a mc chicken! Mc chicken! He said it 5x!”
When I finally escaped my hell hole I was allowed to stay on window. However drive thru was not having it. EM turned to me, her face so upset “you were gone yesterday. You had to be on cash today, you will be on orders with me!”
I laughed so hard “I heard you didn’t miss me. That you were having a good day without me!”
All three of the drive thru team turned to stare at me in disbelief. Scowling EM shook her head ” we missed you”
I hugged her. Her least favourite person was in drive thru and when she kept asking for me, the manager threatened to put her other least person with her!
“I was kidding!” She cried.
I howled with laughter at her predicament and hugged her once more!
Aw I’m loved!